Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Logo reflection



  • How does your Logo design represent the after school club or activity? (Font choice, symbol, colors, layout, etc)
My logo design represents the after school activity of dance club because I wanted to create a symbol to unify all the elements, and at the same time represent the unity of a dance team/club. Moreover, when I saw the font, it immediately gave it a sense of motion which relates to dance. The colors I used were very fun, energetic and wild which made me think in the way that dance is an energizing, fun and sometimes wild activity, especially hip hop. I also used a lot of pink, because while I talked to the head of the team, she told me there were only girls, so I decided to create a design for girls. 
  • Which process was most helpful in creating your design? (research thumbnail sketches, concept board, 2 rough drafts, digital draft on Gimp, etc.)
The concept board was the most helpful because I got to combine different ideas and understand what I wanted to choose or not. It was also helpful because, it didn't have to look nice, or anything in particular. It was only brainstorming.
  • What was the most challenging aspect about the logo project?
The most challenging aspect about the logo project was using gimp, because I wanted to use a lot of images from google but I had to crop them and I couldn't do it with the program. It was also challenging because although we spent the whole unit completing this project, we didn't have a lot of time in each class which took away from completing it faster. 
  • Are you satisfied with your final design? Why is your logo successful?  If you not satisfied with your design, what would you like to change? 
Yes, I am  satisfied with my final design because I worked hard to finish it and at the end it came to be creative, unified, colorful, and also meaningful 

8 comments:

  1. I love how fun your design looks. I thought you did really well with unifying the components of dance club. The color choice couldn't be more perfect since the bright pink and neon colors complimented the fun, carefree aspect of dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your design! The colors are so vibrant and really catches your attention. I also like how you made the dancing girl outside of the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your design. I find it really professional and cool. Even though you used quite a few colors that can be pretty distracting, I like how it all comes together in your design. I also like the font you used for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you used actual people in your logo instead of drawing which i really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used colors and a unique font. I can totally see it on a sweatshirt. Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the Dance Team too :) I must say, it's really interesting to see how you've interpreted it, and incorporated TV shows into it :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your logo is really badass and looks like it could really have been made by an expert graphic designer!

    ReplyDelete